10/14/2012

Baeksasil-gyegok(valley)


Yesterday, I took a tracking in Baeksasil gyegok. I expected it for several weeks, but it was very busy so I could had a time for this short trip this time barely.

If you started walking at Segumjung area, get on any bus toward Pyunchang-dong and get it off at the bus stop 'Segumjung Elementary School'. At the bus stop, there was a stream and a cute bridge. Across the river, there was CU conveniece store and I found a sign board for '백사실계곡 가는 길(the way to Baeksasil-gyegok)'.  



There is a small temple with a board 'Samgaksan Hyuntongsa'.



'Gae-Do-Maeng Supporters(Frog-Salamandar-Padlock Supporters)'
In 2004, people found tens of thousands brood pouch here, and Seoul citizens concluded  to   protect frogs, salamandars and padlocks. They only live in clear water(first grade water.)  



Look! It's very very clear! This water streams from Bookhan mountain. Take a look into the water, you can find so many amphibian babies swimming. Entering this valley is prohibited for the reason that keep the nature, I took a photo just this one and returned to the road and continued to walk. 



The foundation of pond observatory. There was a summer house of Baeksa Hangbok Lee who was the minister of national defense in 16th century, Chosun Dynasty in Korea. And he is one of my ancestors. 



His summer house froundation, neary by the pond.



Huge stock of wild flowers welcomed us. I don't know its name, but I remember the sound bzzzzz... So many cute bees were gathering honey for winter time. 

   

This is 'Baeksuk Dongchun Gackja Bawii' Baeksuk means this mountain, dongchun means a beautiful place. And gakja bawii means the rock carved letters.




This is very famous cafe gallery for backlot of the drama 'Cafe Prince'.



The view is very nice!



A piece of camembert cheese cake and a cup of coffee on the table nearby window. 



Mmmmmm...! It's delicious!


I got on the bus at Jahamoon Joomin Center and get it off at Gyeongbokgoong Yeok(subway 3rd line). Nearby the station, there is a bazar and a food alley. 




Today's tracking course. I marked it with light violet pen. I walked slowly and slowly but it took only an hour and a half.  It's very easy course. I am going to take a walk with my daughters when leaves are red and yellow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment